Saturday, February 9, 2013

Giving Thanks

Looks like my bloggie and I are taking another hike again.  I'm SO excited that the cards (as they say) are seeming to line up quite nicely.  More on this closer to take-off time - which looks to be October-ish.

And in other news.  My belly is happy again.  Like healthy and ready to digest anything again.  Like it doesn't get grumpy anymore after the smallest bit of food culprit overload.

I ate the best cheesecake (from Otto Cakes) ever and two small bites of pizza - yes the real kind - one day after the other (this was about three days ago) and I am coherant and happy and nongrumpy and not fatigued enough to write this email.  Seriously, if I did this 6 months ago (which would have NEVER happened back then), I'd still feel like a train ran over my head with a tornado storm in my belly.

Don't worry, these foods in my life will not become a habit.  I still have a very intuitive response to avoid grains and sugars and starches...and legumes.  If eliminating these foods from my life got me healthy again then bringing them back seems very likely to make me unwell again. 

But it is a huge relief that I can consume these things and digest and break them down well enough that I don't become ill.  It's a relief that I no longer have to live in fear of accidental cross-contamination.  That I don't have to deal with the headaches and bellyaches and a plethora of other symptoms that take over my life.

And what's great is that it all makes so much sense.

I must give thanks to the good bacteria I've been introducing back into my gut flora.  It got knocked out (killed) of my intestines via antibiotics (un-thank you antibiotics).  It took a while to put two and two together, but it actually does make sense.

Thank you good bacteria.  You are my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment